Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The last few months...

The older you get, the more quiet you become. Life humbles you so deeply as you age. You realized how much nonsense you've wasted your time on. 
When I was  young I used to admire intelligent people; As I grow older I admire kind people...

So many things to do... and so little time...
One would think when the youngest child starts nursery the mommy will have more time to get things done. That's so not happening any time soon. At least now I've quit putting things off for later. There is never going to a better time to do whatever it is you want to do. So why wait to do them?

I had started this post some 3-4 months back but never got to finishing it. I love blogging but feel guilty whenever I sit on it. There is always someone who needs me to do something for them. Makes me wonder what all my mom went through for me and my 5 sisters. Crazy...

I have not been in much of a blogging mood lately. Either I was too busy or I would be too frustrated with the insensitivity of the people around me to sit and type. Writing when I'm angry isn't a good idea. Yes, it does help relieve tension but the thoughts, opinions and decisions that stem from anger are almost always wrong, hateful and destructive... better left unwritten.

There has been so many wonderful changes and new developments in our lives the past few months. I can't quite grasp how fast time seems to fly.... and how out of touch I am with everyone lately. It depresses me a lot when I think of the people I used to love talking to, chatting with and the ones in Saudi and India whom I miss so much. My husband has always managed to get me to travel and enjoy with family and friends in the little free time I get. I might not always be agreeable to them but in the end I do end up enjoying if not fully relaxed. God bless him! If not for him I would have gone mad with everything.

I'm done with my 2nd and 3rd trimesters (done with the first year of MBA) and I can't remember having a more exhausting time. The 2nd trimester was a lot more enriching than I expected it to be. It started off with 4 dull (what I thought then) topics. By the end of the term, Operations Management & Marketing started to sounds more enticing. I got to learn a lot about working with different people in groups. There were many instances where I felt I would have preferred doing the work alone but now I see the wisdom in it. It's not easy working with other people. And that is what this is all about. Learning when to talk and when to shut up and let others talk. How to handle the control freaks and the social loafers (picked up this word from Khyati ma'am). Term 3 went too fast. I found 3 of the 4 subjects really dull. Only Business Research Methods engaged me. My mom in law and sis in law cam in the last month of Term 3 and it all just went in a blur.

We enrolled Ehsaan in Toddlers International Nursery and he started attending from the 2nd week of January. The first 2-3 weeks weren't pleasant. He cried a lot coz of not getting enough sleep, having to stay away from me for a longer period of time and also being around a lot of new people. But alhamdulillah, he adjusted in those 3 weeks. I cannot explain how exhausting those days were. Dropping & picking a crying child. But since then he has improved so much.
Ehsaan is done with 2 complete Terms @ Toddlers. He loves it there! Every morning he wakes up saying, "Let go Nursery!". He was never much of a talker unlike Ayaan and now has picked up a few more vocabulary and forms better sentences. He has had a fun, activity filled 6 months at toddlers. Will put up a post on Ehsaan's Nursery soon with more pics :)
He'll turn 3 years old tmrw :') How did he grow up so fast :(

This was a pic I took on his first day at Toddlers :)

We have also decided to change Ayaan's school. It'll be a change from CBSE to UK curriculum. He will be starting in September. As he is done with Grade 1 in his current school he will have to wait 5 months to join the new school year in September. He is not happy about the change but is resigned to it now.

Ayaan and his friends dressed up for Goa dance on Annual Day @ IIS...

The kids have had some fun times with family and friends these past months. Hubby took Ayaan and his friends out to Chucky Cheeses one night when I went to Manipal. A boys night out. They had quite a smashing time there...


Aadil, Aashrith and Ayaan....
These 3 had all started off in the same school but now are in 3 different schools.

Then we had a Legoland fun time :)


This is when we went to watch the New Year BurjKhalifa fireworks...


There is nothing more a mother wants than to see her children happy. But there is always so much to do and most of the time I leave things half done. I feel overwhelmed and almost always feel a failure as a mother. The worst part is when people assume that as a woman I am supposed to be able to do all this and more without complaining.
What I have learnt from the past few months is that we should be strong and not let the opinions of others influence us coz they will hinder us from attaining what we want. We should not let others suppress us with their perception of the world and how things ought to be done. Take the good from it whenever you can but never let them rule your life.
And most importantly, be kind to people. Have a care with the words you use.
And finally always be thankful for all you have been given... just a few years back you were dreaming of or praying for them.

The beautiful month of Ramadan is coming to an end. As every Ramadan comes to an end we are filled with regret that we didn't do more. Let's make the most of what we have left...



No comments:

Post a Comment